September 29, 2012

Two Years Later

Two years ago today Stephen S. Vogt, R. Paul Butler, and their team discovered Zarmina's World. As we well know, the initial excitement was offset by the doubting crowd, and indeed the celebration was killed almost before it began when Stephane Udry and his team reassessed the data and came to the conclusion that the planet simply did not exist. Over the past two years, more astronomers have looked at the data, and run tests of their own. Some agree with Udry, others with Vogt. The University of Puerto Rico certainly seems to think Vogt is right. And an honest appraisal of the data tells us Vogt has an 88% - 96% chance of being right. So after two years we still don't know for sure whether Zarmina's World is out there or not. But despite the naysayers, it is looking more and more like the answer is that it exists. And that is exciting news for me.

I apologize for the quietness this month. It's been a busy one. I'm hoping to have more for you all this coming October. I've got the next couple of Planet Profiles planned, and I'm keeping my eye out for any exciting news relating to Zarmina's World or other exoplanets. As soon as I know something, I'll put it here. I'm also planning to start a section on other phenomena in space, from stars to nebulae. Maybe even a section on our own solar system. So thanks for sticking with me thus far, and keep checking in with Fiat Lux, your source for space exploration with a Creationist viewpoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment